Sunday, June 10, 2012

24 Before 25

I'm Twenty-Four.
When I hang out with all the other mom friends I have I feel young.
Then I go to school with all these baby-18-ers and feel old.

I don't know why, but it hit me last night that before I know it, I'm going to be 25. Next February I will have reached a quarter of a CENTURY. And yeah, I have done a lot in my life. I am super blessed and feel thrilled to be living the life I am living. 
But, could I be doing better? Could I be living more usefully? Hmmm
The question haunted me as I whipped up a (fat free...) strawberry cheesecake (at 11pm). It was itching my brain as I fell asleep. I woke up and had a good start on a list. (I'm really into making lists) 
It's sort of like a bucket list? 
Here it goes....

24 Before 25
24 things I'd like to accomplish and report on, 
starting June 10th, 
before I  turn 25 on February 23rd, 2013
In no particular order

  1. Read the Book of Mormon cover to cover      getting organized!
  2. Learn to use my wheat grinder and make bread
  3. Blog 24 times (must include a picture to count)
  4. Lose 30 pounds (I can Dukan!)
  5. Decorate our bedroom... here's a start! Done!
  6. Run (...or jog....probably walk...) a 5K
  7. Complete a 15 minute continuous swim Yay! completed 7/17
  8. Have professional family pictures taken (preferable after #4 is completed...)
  9. Finish my Christmas stocking
  10. Archive and organize our photos
  11.  Visit 3 tourist-type places near us  Tautphaus Zoo!  Bear World!
  12. Potty train Ray COMPLETE!
  13. Read a Vince Flynn novel (Joey's favorite author)
  14. Go to the Temple monthly with Joey
  15. Go OUT on a date once a month with Joey (actually get a babysitter!)
  16. De-junk house and have a yard sale
  17. Try at least 5 projects I've pinned on Pinterest: one!  two!    three!    four!
  18. Learn to cut my own bangs
  19. Host a dinner party
  20. Write in my kid's journals (they are currently blank)
  21. Read 24 books List!
  22. Submit a "letter to the editor" to any magazine    submitted!
  23. Successfully paint Wendy's nails scroll down a bit!
  24. Take more pictures and at least 3 hours of video so I can always remember how CUTE my kid's voices sound
There you have it! I'll update, as I have updates :)


2 comments:

The Rexburgites said...

Love this! Such a great list of things to do and I love the pictures of your cute family! I love lists. I may try and do some of the things you are doing in the next year.

Johanna said...

Awesome. Love it. You make me want to do more!