Let me tell you how cool and adventurous us Starrs' were...
Friday afternoon started with the boy's first ever....
Father and Sons Camp out!!
Here is the crew! (plus Wendy) Joey rode up with our neighbor, Scott and his son, Max. The boys were so cute. They are both strapped in, ready for adventure, yet each holding a favorite stuffed animal. Pretty key-yute!
Joey said the campground was beautiful! And Ray was a perfect adventurous angel the entire time.
Is this the sweet kind of face that would later pick up a full size ax and almost give Joey a heart attack? (Ray was curious... but Joey neutralized the situation before anything got serious...whew!)
Ray l-o-v-e loved sleeping in the tent. The next night at home he sneaked out of bed, trying to look for the tent to sleep in. Cracks me up!
Ray and Max, being buds. I'll forever owe Max because Ray saw him pee in the woods and is now totally interested in using the potty. I think I'll kiss Max next time I see him...
Just like every other 3 year old boy would be, Ray was fascinated with the flashlights. Joey got the head one for Ray but he wanted both all night.
Joey told me Ray was probably the youngest kid there. I'm really proud of my boys, braving bear-country to enjoy the outdoors and each other.
Meanwhile back at home....
While the boys were gone, a friend of mine invited Wendy and me over for a sleepover!! (First one for Wendy and first one for me, as an adult.) Jessica has a son about the same age as Ray who was at the camp out with his dad. And she also has a daughter about the same age as Wendy. The stars were aligned and it was meant to be!
We started the night off with some pizza. I brought Wendy's high chair, but once she saw Susie sitting like a big girl, that is all she wanted!
Here is cutie, Susie. She has the sweetest dimples!
Here is Wendy! She chowed down on the pizza!
What sleepover would be complete without painting nails?
Susie was a pro! She has done this before...
Wendy? Not so much. This was our first attempt. It was pretty messy but still super fun and key-yute! Yay for completing another 24 Before 25!
Jessica went all out at the dollar store getting each girl a princess dress up outfit! Complete with heels! The little cuties were almost too cute to handle.
What party is complete without some bubbles and a princess wand?
Wendy was a little shaky in those heels. She used the car to keep her balanced
Susie and Wendy were just so cute together!
I just had to add this video. Susie walked in those heels like she was born in them! I think they loved the sound they made. They loved walking on the tile. the video is about 30 seconds.
The next morning! The girls played in their jammies in the front yard. I didn't get a very good shot of them, they were both running around too much!
While the girlies slept, Jessica and I worked on some crafting/father's day gifts and chatted. all. night. long. It was perfect girl time! Thanks again, Jess!
Saturday...
Since Ray got some one-on-one daddy time with Joey, I thought Wendy should get some special time too! Joey took Wendy on their first ever...
Daddy-Daughter Date!
Posing for a picture!
Wendy, cheesing it up! She looks so mature in this picture! Not my little baby anymore!
On their way! They had dinner at Wingers and ice cream at Cold Stone. Joey said Wendy stood on the bench the whole time, sharing Joey's dinner, and dancing to the music. I wish I could have seen how cute they both were!
Sunday Morning...
Wendy's new favorite way to eat her breakfast...
I think she had 3 bowls of cereal that morning. Funny girl!
Happy Father's Day, Joey! What a perfect way to celebrate by spending the weekend with your kiddos!!
Close-up of the tie the kids made for Joey to wear to church (okay, I helped...)
Also, Wendy went to nursery for the first time on Sunday! No pics of that though, I'll try to snag a few next week!
What a creative Father's Day tie, I loved it. A lets me paint her nails, almost everytime I ask. lol I try to convince her to do it every Saturday night. As long as I am fast she does really well. So fun to have girls!
3 comments:
Way too cute!!! That little Wendy is growing up so fast!!!
such a fun night!
What a creative Father's Day tie, I loved it. A lets me paint her nails, almost everytime I ask. lol I try to convince her to do it every Saturday night. As long as I am fast she does really well. So fun to have girls!
Post a Comment