Thursday, June 14, 2012

Ruffles

Part of my 24 Before 25!!

I am currently in a home decor sewing class. 
SO.MUCH.FUN

My first project was a shower curtain :) it turned out lovely.

My second project (i turned it in today) was an awesome pillow. 

Reasons of awesome-ness
  • Instead of spending a ton of money on a boring square pillow form, I got an awesome oblong DOWN pillow at Ross for 8 bucks. YEAH!
  • I learned to install an invisible zipper. So cool
  • The colors just make me squeal with happiness on the inside (and sometimes outside...) 
  • It is the FIRST completed project for my master bedroom re-do....
  • ruffles make me happy
  • I just love it, a lot. 

Take a look my inspiration!!
Pinterest, of course...

 
via  
 I followed the link to this lady's etsy and she is selling some of these pillows for $74!! so over priced. SOOOO over priced!


 
via
 These are my colors for my slowly developing  master bedroom. I'm in love with this pallet. Gotta love design-seeds.com!


And now, the moment you've all been waiting for.... 
The pillow!
I plan for it to be the sort of center piece of our bed, if that makes any sense...





YAY!!!

2 comments:

R. Dunlap said...

Yay, indeed! I'm so proud of you, way to go. What a cool class! I want to take one too :)

Matt and Kristine said...

Great fabric choices!
love it, BTW: I took that class too!