I decided to get more organized as I attempted my first goal on the list.
Read the entire Book or Mormon cover to cover.
Okay. First. What is the "Book of Mormon"?
Simply-put:
Another Testament of Jesus Christ.
I'm a Latter-Day Saint, or more well known as a "Mormon".
As one part of our religion, we study the Book of Mormon.
The book contains an account of ancient people living in what we now know as
North and South America.
This site is really helpful in answering specific questions about the
Book of Mormon
http://mormon.org/book-of-mormon
http://mormon.org/book-of-mormon
I decided to create an excel document to help me stay on track and organized.
I taped it into the back of my scriptures and
WALA! Organized!
WALA! Organized!
I'm scheduled to read 10 chapters a week which I found easily attainable if I set my mind to it.
The best time for me to read is during breakfast with my kids.
I aim to read two chapters each morning, that way if something comes up or a chapter is more lengthy I have some wiggle room.
Sigh....
I've already noticed a difference in my daily life.
I feel much more peace when I make personal scripture study a priority.
It just keeps me on track!
More questions about my faith?
Here's a couple places to start:
http://mormon.org/articles-of-faith
http://mormon.org/articles-of-faith
Oh and you can ask me :)
| See it peaking from the back? Thanks for keeping me on track, BOM Reading Chart! |
1 comment:
i wish i had a sweet little something in the back of my scriptures. you are so on top of things!
Post a Comment