Friday, October 7, 2011

Summer 2011-complete

I realize it is October. But the weather in Rexburg has stayed really nice.  It was 80 degrees last week. 

That is until yesterday... 

Snow!

 and its so cold and wet and yucky. It snowed most the day yesterday but has melted today in the chilly, chilly rain. Just a bit left in the grass. 

Now I am realizing many, many things.
First, my kids are not ready for the winter, clothes-wise. Especially Wendy!  So I'm figuring that out.
Second, my goal of making it till Halloween without needing to turn on the heater is seriously being challenged.
 Third, I have lots of pictures and events from the summer I never blogged about! 

Behind again on my blog? Story of my life! (since having baby #2)

So here's a little update of Starrs Town...

Joey, our fearless father, has been on spider duty of late. Good news? We've only had 2 in the house and Joey has been home each time. Thank goodness! I hate spiders.  And when the weather gets cold they invade the house. (Check this post to hear about some other spider adventures...) Joey is well into the Fall semester taking a wide variety of classes, everything from anatomy to basic camping skills. After this semester he has three semesters left, plus an internship. (And 4 months of military training to fit in there somewhere.)

I'm being mama and wifey the best way I know how!
What does this include, you might ask? Well just to name a few...
Sloppy kisses from children, rare spare moments with the hubs, play dates, story time at the library, inventing new dinner menus, trying new recipes, loading and unloading children in/out of the car, getting my personal prayers, scripture study and journal writing in each day, grocery shopping, tricking myself into liking chores, dishes galore, diapers diapers diapers, laundry laundry laundry, researching and inventing indoor activities in anticipation of the cold months ahead, making new friends, trying to give up my fast food addiction (not going well...), getting the kids to nap/sleep in the same room, crafting when possible, remembering everyone's vitamins and medicine, doctors appointments and remembering to drink enough water as a nursing mama. Oh and I applied for school! If I get in I will hopefully be starting in January. Yay!! The list could go on and on but I'm sure the reader is bored...

Ray is 2. He'll be 2 1/2 around Thanksgiving.
Need I say more?
Yes, I do! Although that boy could drive Mother Theresa to the end of her patience... He is the sweetest and funniest boy around :)

My favorite new "Ray" phrases-

"Oh goodness!"
"Drink uh milk?"
"Got it"
"No eat uh boogers"

Some recent Ray stories-

I came downstairs to find Ray finishing a banana. I asked, 'Where did you get that?' he just said "Uh-nana". I walked into the kitchen to find the stem of the peel still attached to the bunch and the rest of the peel correctly placed in the trash. Conclusion? Ray got hungry, mom was busy, he retrieved a banana from the counter, peeled it, placed the peel in the trash and chowed down on the banana. That's my boy!

Ray gets into trouble. On purpose. He loves it. Time-outs=smiles and giggles from Ray. I've been experimenting with different forms of consequences for not listening to mommy and/or breaking rules (leave any suggestions in your comments! I need help!!) So I wanted to try spanking the back of his hand. I can't remember what he did but I spanked his hand for it.  He paused for a moment, looked down at his hand. Then he lifted his chin, gave me a grin and offered me his other hand with pure delight at the new form of High Five I had created.  I wanted to laugh my head off and scream with angry frustrated tears at the same time! Needless to say, I'm still trying to figure that boy out. And I am loving every minute of it :)

Wendy is 9 months.
And she could convince a lion to become a vegetarian.
Wendy has the sweetest smile and disposition of any person I've met in my life! Wendy's blue eyes, dark eye lashes and other striking features make her the prettiest baby around :) I've had people ask me if she was wearing make-up! (Never, by the way) She smiles at everyone and will give you a Wendy-giggle if you pay the price (dancing with her, fake sneezes, and tickles to name a few) She is still all gums, not a tooth to chew with. She crawls super fast, cruises using the furniture and is all hands. If she can see it, she has to touch it.  And then test it out in her mouth. Always so curious! And she loves her brother. Can't get enough of him or his toys :)
Wendy is a little princess baby, always smiling and we love her!

And now, the part you've all been waiting for....

Pictures!


 There are so many, over 50, but I made them small so just click on the ones you want to get a good look at :)
or....
Just check out THIS album over on facebook :)  





























































Now, time to face the impending Fall/Winter waiting to freeze my face and make me forget to shave my legs.



1 comment:

deb said...

Oh man, I apparently moved to spider world over here in Santa Paula. Not fun! Good luck with your quest to avoid them!

Great update on the 4 of you!