Monday, September 19, 2011

Our growing family...

....
.........
....................

Did I get ya? 
I'm NOT pregnant! Hah

But our family recently purchased a couple of fish to cheer up our kitchen!
It something silly I've wanted to do for a while :)
 So far they've stayed alive 1 week. Wahoo!
Here they are!!
Katniss Everdeen Starrs (named because she looks like she's on fire... if you haven't read the Hunger Games this reference will be lost on you.) And you can barely see Ponyo Starrs on the top right. She is super quick and did NOT like the camera being next to the bowl so that's the best picture I could get. It's hard to tell in the picture but Ponyo has a red stripe along her side. Very pretty.  Ray loves them. He says Fishie! Every time he sees them. Wendy just wants to knock the bowl over.  Ray was very sad when I first took them out of the bag and put them in the bowl. He kept saying, "Fishie out!" He thought he should be able to hold them and play with them.  Luckily he got over it quick and now he loves them :) Yay!   

3 comments:

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

oh my gosh i almost freaked out! totally though you were pregnant again! hahaha. but that is too funny. we've been wanting to get fish for dulany for our little apartment. i know she would love them cause everytime we go to walmart she wants to look at the fishies. Now i want to get one even more. And katniss everdeen starrs CRACKS me up! love it.

R. Dunlap said...

Adorable idea. Ray is sooo precious. I miss him!

Matt and Kristine said...

Fun! Something to look forward to every morning, feeding your new pets! What's the story behind Spongebob?