Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The SEARCH is on...

I Google-imaged "Provo, Utah" and this was the first picture to pop up.  

This also came from above-said Google-image search. I don't even know if it's in Provo but enchanting all the same  :)

Speaking of all this searching... I might as well say we are SEARCHING for a place to inhabit once we move to Utah.  Our little family will be landing at Joey's parents house in St. George when we first get there until we get settled and arranged in
Provo.  Ray and I fly in October 23rd and Joey will follow a week or so after.  Any suggestions of good places to live?  I've been perusing craigslist but it's just so hard to tell what kind of a place it is via fuzzy pictures on the internet. This is what we are looking for...

3 bedrooms OR 2 bedrooms with a study/den

****UPDATE**** We are also looking at 2bdrm places w/o study/den. 

We can live with 1 bathroom but would love 2

Washer/dryer hookups (we own our own W/D)

Dishwasher/disposal  are usually a "must" but we'll see how desperate we get!

Doesn't need to be fancy but needs to be SAFE and CLEAN

And a fair price

Those are the things we NEED. The "want" list is on the back burner for now because I'm realizing the places that have my needs AND wants are all too expensive.  Apts/basements/condos/townhouses etc. are all fine with us.

Ugh. Am I really ready to be a starving student again? Ugh

P.S. Pediatricians? OBGYNs? Know any good ones? 

5 comments:

Mrs. Potts said...

Not sure what your budget is, or if you're willing to commute from Pleasant Grove, but my friend is looking for a renter for her condo. It's really nice! I've been there myself and I would LOVE to live there. Here's a link to her ad:

http://bit.ly/bOV7gE

Also, check the BYU housing website listings and ksl.com. Good luck!

Mrs. Potts said...

Oh, and I cannot recommend the OBGYN that I had in Provo highly enough. He was the best. His name is Dr. Judd and he works at the Aspen Women's Center. He's very experienced and he has ten kids of his own and I think he delivered all of them! He has a great sense of humor and is really patient and understanding and GOOD at what he does.

Matt and Kristine said...

Sorry I am no help for apartment searching in the Utah department. But, Johanna and Tal are experts! They have been looking for months for a place in SLC. They may have some pointers for you!. I must say, three bedrooms but a cheap price? May be hard to come by. Good luck. So excited to see you more often!

Matt and Kristine said...

... and when I mean soon, I mean soon. We fly to Utah the 21st to the 26 for the deer hunt. St. George is a little far though. So sad, we are sooooo close!

Annie Ogle said...

I thought you'd already found a place in Provo. Is the search back on again?