Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Proud to be an American


Yesterday was Flag Day. We've signed up to have a flag placed in our yard for each patriotic holiday this year. It seemed like a worth-while fundraiser. 

I'm proud to be an American. 

Very often I am disappointed in the leaders who represent us. I cringe at the scandals of politicians and pray for better men and women to lead us.  It doesn't matter, republican or democrat, they all seem corrupt and disappointing.  

But I am still proud of our country.  I love America. My heart swells and I feel butterflies when we sing the National Anthem.  I am so proud of my husband for serving our country in the Air Force Reserves.  Although he hasn't deployed yet, I know he would drop everything to defend our country if asked.  

So in conclusion,
I hate politics. 
I love America.

(And i'm allowed to hate politics because this is America!) 

1 comment:

Meg said...

Amen! And that picture of Wendy is adorable! What a beautiful smile! :)