Sunday, August 22, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I know, it's only August but I love Christmas! Plus I need to get started on the new baby's stocking! Last year I made one for Ray and it turned out really well. The felt appliqué kits are amazing. They look amazing and are also amazingly time consuming. But I know it'll turn out, which can't be said if I was set loose to create my own without a pattern. I like to know my hard work is somewhat guaranteed to bring top notch results. It took me about 3 solid weeks of staying up late into the night, using every nap time, sticking ray in his bouncey when he was awake etc. to get his stocking done last year. And I had it all spread out across my living room and never had to put it away. Well I just can't do that this time. (Reason? One word... RAY) So I think starting in September will be enough time. I'm deciding between three.... they are posted below :) I know the baby isn't due until AFTER Christmas (January 4th) but if she's anything like Ray she'll be born a few days early and be here for Christmas!


2 comments:

Meg said...

Oh my gosh, these are adorable! My favorite is definitely the last one. I'm gonna throw another one into the mix. It's a sugar plum fairy. So girly! :)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sugar-Plum-Fairy-Stocking-Felt-Applique-Kit/10285319?sourceid=1500000000000003260370&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10285319

Anonymous said...

These are incredible! I feel like making one for my new niece or nephew. I like the first two. I think the first one is quite sparkly and every girl likes her glitter!