Things in Starrs town are going alright. We just got back from St. George visiting Joey's family and I did NOT want to come back to San Antonio. I need family close. That's all there is to it. I guess this is as good a time as ever to announce..... We are moving, AGAIN! Don't have final details yet but it looks like late October/early November. Where, you ask? drum roll.....
Utah!!! Provo-Orem area probably
Can't say I am excited to be a "Utah-girl" (no offense...) BUT it's so much closer to tons of family, both Taylor's and Starrs'! Joey is switching from active duty to reserves allowing him to start-up the school train again. Looks like we'll be a Cougar family :) Joey's got 4 more semesters of under-grad before he can apply to pharmacy school (4 years). Lots of mixed emotions for me.
Pros-
- FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY!! Can't express how lonely and depressed I get for my Taylor's and Starrs'
- Get school rolling
- Control of where we live
- still have health insurance (because Joey will be with the reserves)
- and FAMILY! I can't tell you how depressing it was for me to not have any family near, at all, for Ray's birth and also his first birthday party. I cried, a lot.
Cons-
- Giving up a full time, full paying, guaranteed job
- Money even tighter than it already is, especially since our family is growing :)
- a lot of uncertainty, staying active duty military would be pretty safe, this is sort of a gamble.
I have faith everything will work out. And I can't wait to be closer. Tons of family right in Utah, driving distance to everyone else. It is where I am meant to be :)
3 comments:
You look great at 21 weeks! I think you are smaller and thinner this time around, woo-hoo for the second pregnancy, that is hard to do. I am so excited you are moving to Utah, that feels WAY WAY closer. Plus, Johanna and Tal live in Holladay, and you can see them ALL the time, oh and Jennifer too! I am so happy for you. Congrats on a well deserved move.
Aww I can't believe you're moving! Utah is wonderful! I didn't think I'd miss it but I definitely do. Even though I'm sad you're not sticking around, congrats on the new opportunity :)
I totally understand about being depressed without family around. Every time I drive back to the bay area from visiting family, tears roll down my cheeks. I lie, and tell everyone that I love it, but I'll be so glad when we can move closer to family and out of the fog. 10 months and counting! I hope you love the Provo area; it takes getting used to, but it's a nice place to be when you have little kids. Good luck!
Candice
Post a Comment