Thursday, March 25, 2010

How things are going lately

I'm going to be lame and post with out pictures. i can't find my camera and I'm tired of putting off blogging because of it.

Things are going well. Joey started working the night shift recently. So he works from 6pm to 6am but not every night. It varies. But he never works more than 3 days in a row and never has more than 3 days off in a row. He really likes it. Night time is busy because they're usually under-staffed. Also, there aren't any of the "high up guys" in rank breathing down his neck while he's trying to treat the patients. He works all over the hospital it seems like. ER, ICU, labor and delivery etc. He comes home with some VERY funny stories. Also, he is getting a reputation for his amazing chest compressions during CPR. Most the med-techs and nurses are "little girls" (joey's words, not mine) and not much happens when they are doing the chest compressions. Then Joey offers to help and they see a big difference in O2 stats etc. they've lost a few but also saved a few so it's really rewarding. The main part of his job is giving breathing treatments to patients but he helps out with everything respiratory related.

Raymond is amazing. That pretty much sums it all up. He will eat almost anything if i boil/bake it to death, add water and then puree. Although, he hasn't really warmed up to meat yet. So i remedy that by feeding him beans and rice (pureed of course) He has 6 teeth, 4 on top, 2 on bottom and is so cute when he smiles :) He crawls at lightening speed and will pull him self up on anything. he LOVES it when you hold his hands so he can speed walk/march/run around the room laughing his head off, while towing you around. He started clapping randomly and i love it! (but not as much when I'm trying to feed him, he usually claps on the spoon and makes a mess) I'm trying to teach him a few ASL signs, like food, water and milk but mostly he just laughs at me. Secretly i think he totally gets it but is holding out on me so i make a fool of myself trying to teach him. My favorite thing i love is how he'll be playing with a toy but want to crawl somewhere. So instead of leaving the toy he puts it in his mouth, clamping it with his teeth and crawls around. He looks like a little puppy dog! So funny. He sleeps from about 6pm to 7 or 8am (with a break for a bottle at 6am) and takes 2 short naps or one long afternoon nap, depending on the day. Last time he was weighed he was 29in tall and 20 lbs. He is busy, gets into everything and is starting to get mysterious bruises on his head and shins. I love him

I am doing well. I'm making a fresh attempt at getting more fit. I'm taking more walks, watching what i eat more carefully and trying to drink more water. So far I've lost 8lbs so that feels really good. I don't have any baby-weight left but i had gained some weight after marrying Joey and before getting pregnant. That's what I'm trying to get rid of now. And i need a hair cut so bad but want someone i can trust and not pay a fortune. So for now I'm not cutting it. Which is fine because i want to grow it out long again but need the bangs trimmed,badly!

Joey and I have been to see some AWESOME movies lately. (we go at night and bring Ray who sleeps on Joey's chest) Alice in Wonderland in 3D was magical. As soon as we walked out of the theater i had a crazy urge to turn around and stay for the next showing. I love Tim Burton and his quirky ways. My favorite part were the costumes, especially Alice's clothes. We also saw Remember Me. I know some people thought it was super sad, which it was, but i LOVED it. Joey really liked it too. I guess I'm weird but sometimes i love watching depressing/moving movies. I love feeling an emotion really strongly. And R-Pattz (haha) was very good. I was surprised. He's a good actor and i didn't see a moment of Edward or Twilight. The movie threw me for a loop at the end, which i like. It wasn't like any other movie I've seen, as far as the plot goes. The whole movie you think you know whats going on and what will happen and then BAM you're totally wrong and you start crying. I know, weird. But i love it. So there are my movie opinions. I love movies and if i could have my dream job i would be a movie critic.
There you go.
p.s. i bought the New Moon soundtrack and its thrilling. I highly recommend it.
p.p.s. Has anyone heard of "ClearPlay" check it out here I'm not sure how i feel about it yet. Its sort of like cleanflicks but legal haha
p.p.p.s. have you tried the SkinnyCow ice cream sandwiches? SO GOOD! 3g fiber, 140 calories, 1.5g fat.

4 comments:

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

um im so jealous youre losing the weight. I guess it could be easier if it wasnt winter here all the time!! Ive gained all my pregnancy weight back after i stopped nursing. its depressing... we're trying a workout routine as well. I hope it works!

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Ummm, YEAH! I LOVE skinny cow icecream! I should get some...

Mrs. Potts said...

We love the concept of ClearPlay but their dvd players are really cheap. We've bought two, and they both broke after only a few months.

Matt and Kristine said...

8 lbs! You are amazing!