Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Time :) :)

I love the holiday season :) we had a great Thanksgiving at our friends house. They deep fry their turkeys down here in the South and they are GOOD!
But once Turkey-day is done, its time to move on to CHRISTMAS! The moving van is coming to pick up all our stuff on December 14th and i realize its silly to decorate but i don't care! Joey was living in Texas for Christmas last year and its Ray first one so we are celebrating on the 12th and decorating our house anyway :)
On Black-Friday we went to pick out a tree. This place had ENORMOUS trees! our apartment is a little cramped for room but luckily we were able to find the cutest tree at the right size and price :) We decorated, put up lights and I even made a wreath out of the extra boughs we had to cut off. Let me tell you, I was so proud! It doesn't look as good as the ones in the store but that's okay :) Saturday we took family pictures in front of the tree and Ray was a little hysterical. I put some of his crying pics up :) and then when he was stripped down to just his white shirt and red socks I started singing the song from Risky Business and Ray looks better than Tom Cruise could ever hope to look! Enjoy the pics!!
Huge trees!
Little Ray was so cute :)


He was really tired and fell asleep on the way home. What a lovey!

This is Ray and our spoils from the day :)

The wreath I made :) It smells really good :)

The front of our house with the lights and wreath :)
Our cute little tree

The nativity set my Grandma Dot gave me when I was a little girl. I thought it looked really nice with the usual decor i have on our mini-bookshelf

And screaming Ray. He didn't like family pictures!

And here is some Risky Business :) Heehee! i know i should feel bad because Ray was just beyond tired but i can't help it! Ray is so cute! Look at those legs! Watch out Tom Cruise!!

2 comments:

Kelly and Tyler said...

hahahah I LOVE those pictures. Ray is SOOO cute! I love the wreath too!

Matt and Kristine said...

Your house looks great! I am so glad you are decorating, even with little time, that is what the holidays are for. We decorated way early this year in anticipation of Baby #2. But one bonus: great tree selection! Isn't it funny how babies just know when they are expected to perform. Matt and I were just talking today about Anna falling asleep instantly when we want her awake, and then refusing to take a nap when she has all day to sleep. Awww, the life of a parent. Let us know your latest travel plans!