Ray likes to wake up to "eat" sometime around 5am. Sometimes it's 4:30, others its 5:30. But then he doesn't go back to sleep!! So he either cries in his crib or i bring him in bed with me and he kicks and punches and sings and talks. I can tell he's still tired because he's extremely sensitive to where he is positioned. Then he is really cranky all morning, and will only take a 20-40 minute nap around 9am. its really frustrating because i know he he tired but just wont sleep. I've been reading that book, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, which has been helpful at bed time. But other than that i feel like i am doing something wrong because I can hardly get Ray to nap during the day. Yesterday he woke up at 5, took a 20 minute nap at 9, took another 90 minutes nap at noon and then was down for the night at 5:30pm. I thought babies Ray's age were suppose to take 2 long naps or 3 shorter naps?
This is mostly just venting but i wish babies had an "on/off" switch sometimes!!!
Here are some cute pictures we're taken recently.
Ray was trying to eat the camera! and also a cute outfit Grandma Starrs sent :) :)
This is mostly just venting but i wish babies had an "on/off" switch sometimes!!!
Here are some cute pictures we're taken recently.
Ray was trying to eat the camera! and also a cute outfit Grandma Starrs sent :) :)
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, I am having the EXACT same problem! Yesterday Jem took 3 naps, but the longest one was only 20 minutes long, and the rest of the day he was super cranky. He fights naps so hard, and I KNOW he's exhausted, but if I let him "cry it out" he'll scream for half an hour if I let him (which I hate). He's always super sleepy by the end of the day and after his nighttime bath he falls asleep without any problems and sleeps through the night pretty well, but then he wakes up REALLY early and we start all over again.
Please let me know if you find anything that helps...
right after i feed dulany around 5:30-6 i put her sraight back in her crib, swaddled up where her binky is held in by her blanket. she usually is somewhat awake but then goes back to sleep until about 8ish. i wake her up if not, feed her change her (shes usually not that wet at6 so i dont change her) and try to keep her up as long as i can (30-45 min usually) and usually hold her till shes pretty much asleep but still soewhat awake and she sleeps till about 11 then nap about 12:30 and that usually goes till 3 with some waking up due to losing her binky) and then shes tired by 5... i feed/bathe her and shes in bed by 6ish too. im also reading the book... i cant do the whole let them cry though... she doesnt just scream for 30 min. it goes for hours. hope you can do better w/ him in the mornings! remember the guy said they shoulnt be up and stay up if they wake up before 6am.
I think it is his age, and has nothing to do with you or your mothering abilities. I felt so frustrated sometimes with Anna, but this stage passes. Brian always told me to just lower my expectations! Ha!
Hi Michelle,
I know it is a really hard time, there were times when all I did was feed, change and hold my babies. For the first 12 years of my marriage I was either pregnant or nursing and NEVER received a full nights sleep!! However, you cannot spoil a baby under 1 year of age! They grow up soooo quickly and soon enough they will be leaving for college. Throw away the book and just love your baby!
With Love,
Aunt Cathy
Post a Comment