Friday, June 12, 2009

So excited because...

I had this plan, but it was foiled. My mom sent Ray a really cute onzie from Cows, an ice cream shop at Whistler, BC. My plan was to take a picture of him wearing it and announce some exciting news but right after i put it on he spit up alllll over it and i've been too lazy to wash it. So here is my news...



Ray and I are going to Whistler with my family!!! (the pictures aren't of me, but were meant to give you some clues) Every summer my brothers/sisters/mom/dad meet up at my parents house and then make the 4 hour drive to Whistler BC for a fun filled week of activities and memories. This year it looked as though we wouldn't make it because Ray would be too little and all the changes in the passport laws to enter Canada. But Ray was early, children under 15 only need a birth certificate and so Ray and I are going to Whistler! I'm sad because Joey can't come :( (normally Joey has 30-days paid vacation a year and would get 6-weeks paternity leave but because he's in training right now they were barely able to get him the week off. They had to make all these special calls and kept telling people Ray was in the NICU and that's basically the only reason he got the whole week off.) I had my mind made-up that were weren't going to Whistler, no matter what, but then i realized the next time we would see any family was Christmas time. I just can't handle the thought of my family not meeting my son until he is 7 months old. It makes me tear up to think about it. Florida is beautiful but the beach is not worth living so far away from everyone. Joey, Ray and I miss our families too much!!

3 comments:

R. Dunlap said...

That is great, I am so excited for you. I know that far away from home feeling well. On bad days I get teary-eyed just thinking about Disneyland. I hope it is fun!Ray is so adoreable- good work Shelly!

Utah Dancer said...

Happy news, Michelle! We will be there too! Can't wait to meet Ray, he is so cute in the pics. I am also glad I never sent the baby present, for the first time in a long time I am glad I procrastinated! Going to the store to get some way fun baby boy stuff--package it up, and bring it to Whistler!! Love you!

David, Rauna and Family said...

Lucky you! We've never been to Whistler, but it looks like a great vacation for summer or winter then. Sounds like a great way to spend time with the family-your baby boy is precious and you're a beautiful glowing mommy! Enjoy your sweet little family