21 weeks
I love being pregnant, especially when the baby moves around :) but there are other things too... I feel so tired all the time and have no energy to get out of bed. And my insides hurt, although i accredit that to the baby getting bigger. Everything feels pressured and really tight. I feel like one day its just going to pop and I'll grow from a small baby-bump to a giant baby-bump in a few seconds. pretty positive that's not how it works. I sure hope not. It would be painful!
So we were all set on naming our baby Ruth, until a few days ago! I woke up one morning and it hit me. Ruth isn't her name. It was almost like she was telling me. I think our thoughts must be connected somehow, everything else is! So now i feel really silly since we told everyone her name is Ruth, because it's just not! It's hard to explain. But i know it's not her name. We love the name and plan to keep it as her middle name. As for her first name we have lots of ideas we've been bumping around but have decided we aren't going to tell anyone. Mostly so I don't have to go and "un-tell" everyone if we get it wrong again. It seems silly but i feel a huge responsibility in choosing her name. it's not like a pet or a toy. She's a human being! and your name sticks with you forever. Plus it has to be a name Joey and I both like. We want her name to be traditional, girly, classy, and still cute. It bugs me to no end when people make up names, use ridiculous spellings, or use things that shouldn't be names, like Tuesday or Apple or something (no offense to anyone who does that, takes all kinds right?)
I am missing Joey terribly and can't wait till we live together again. I have plans to visit him twice at tech school before he finishes in April. It's been harder than I thought it would be, although being able to talk on our cell phones has made a huge difference! I try to keep my head up and look forward to the future as much as I can :)
I am also missing Toby :( he was the cutest puppy i've ever seen and i just wish the timing had been better. I know it was the right choice to give him back but it's really hard to still remember that! I got to see him today, he is so big! And I think he remembers me :)
6 comments:
What a cute little bump! I found with Luke that even the times I felt huge, it was just that...I felt huge, now looking back on pictures, I seemed to really do most of the huge growing the last two months...man I hope I don't get as huge with this one as I did with Luke! I'm glad you get to go and see Joey later, it will be fun for him to feel the baby moving too!
You look so cute! Sad about your puppy...but you will get a baby soon so that might make up for it.:) I can't wait to see the name you pick out.
Well, I was thinking of a name baby gift for her and now I don't know what to do. We'll talk soon and figure something out. I showed my mom your blog, she laughed at your post, she says you look cute and thin! Great job. Love ya.
Cute picture! You totally have that "pregnant woman glow."
I completely understand the way you feel about her name, I felt the same way. Like you, I don't care much for the made up names and I wanted my girl's name to be dignified but cute too. So, good luck picking it and I am looking forward to see which one you chose!
Sad to hear about Tobby! The good thing is that in just a few short months you'll have your little girl, you'll be living with Joey again and you'll get plenty of love and cuddles!
The name is a big deal!! It has to fit, and you can definitely tell when it isn't right. Good luck finding a new one.
I just have to say that you are a beautiful pregnant woman! You are gorgeous!
Amy
Post a Comment