Saturday, June 7, 2008

7 Things that happened this week.

We had a great week so I'll just tell you about a few things that happened!

#1- Joey always stays up later than I do, usually reading in bed or something, so this week wasn't any different. But sometimes I talk in my sleep or do crazy things. So this week while I dead asleep I mumbled, "inches...inches... 12-inches... 12-inches in a FOOT!!" Joey sure got a kick out of that one. On another night Joey reached over to kiss me while I was sleeping and I freaked out and elbowed him in the face. But the funniest story of all was while Joey was reading Salem's Lot by Stephen King and I was sleeping. He was reading a part about a guy sneaking up on a sleeping vampire in a coffin. The guy had a wooden stake and was about to kill him. Just as he was about to stake him, I shot up, gasped like my life was in danger and basically freaked Joey out! It was like I was a vampire raising from the grave. It almost seems like I did it on purpose but I must have been having a nightmare or something. So I guess you could say he is brave to sleep in the same bed as me :)


#2- We got bikes!!!!! We were deciding between saving the government incentive check, buying a new t.v. or getting bikes. Since Rexburg is pretty small and gas is real expensive we decided to get bikes! We went to Bill's Bike Shop in Idaho Falls and found the perfect bikes for us. But we didn't really think about the fact that we have just a normal size car and it was impossible to fit both bikes in the car. So, I had to drive one bike back to Rexburg, (30 minutes away) and then drive back to Idaho Fall to get Joey and the other bike. Pretty funny, we got a kick out of it. here are some pictures of the new bikes! They are beach cruisers and we love cruising around Rexburg!

#3- One night, we made our dinner and packed it in my basket on my bike and rode to the park. We ate our dinner and then I read a few chapters of Harry Potter to Joey. We're on book 6. Joey hasn't read them before so it's really fun for me to see his perspective and guesses of how it will end.

#4- On Saturday we rode to the Park again but we saw an offer we couldn't refuse! 2-dollar kites :) We bought a couple, and since it is always windy here in Rexburg it was perfect! We had a great time. Here are some pictures :)


#5- While we were at the park we saw the sweetest dog. We love dogs, especially Joey. She looked like a black lab mix of some sort. We went over to play with her and noticed that she was pretty dirty and not with anyone. She had all sorts of leaves, sap, grass, and tree bits in her fur. I gave her some water and she lapped it up right out of my hands she was so thirsty! But she didn't want to play and hardly wanted to get up. We were both worried that she was hurt and asked around for the owner. No owner around so we called 911 to get the number for animal control, but they don't have one in Rexburg, (go figure...) We waited around for the police officer to come pick her up. She was afraid to get in the car so Joey picked her up and she yelped and started crying. She must have been pretty hurt :( She got in the car and we hope everything turns out okay for the puppy!

#6- We saw "Baby Mama" with Matt and Kristi at the cheap theatre. We thought it was pretty cute and funny :) We love having Matt and Kristi living so close to us! It's always a blast when we get together. :)

#7- My sister Christy had her baby! Welcome to Charlotte Lea Calton :) Christy was a week over-due and very ready to have the baby. Everything went well with no problems, beautiful baby girl.

So there are just a few of the things that happened this week!! We love you all and hope you had great weeks too!!!

1 comment:

Erka said...

What a fun week! I love the pink bike, so girly! You guys look so cute together! I am glad they have a cheap theater in Rexburg, I wish they had one here by UW!