Monday, November 15, 2010

It "pays" to be a Veteran!

Because... you get free things on Veteran's Day! (oh and the whole "serve your county with honor" thing is a plus too ;-) ) We started off our day with free hair cuts for the boys and finished with a free dinner for Joey at Applebees. Yum! (Good thing Joey's hair cut was free because when we got home it was so rough he had to just shave his head. Poor girl, I think she was new and Joey's hair is hard to cut. Whenever I've tried he ends up shaving it too.) This was Ray's first hair cut so I had to document thoroughly :)



Notice the rat tail?  

Pretty scraggly!

Starting the cut... not sure what to think...

Getting worried...

Screaming He was so so sad!

trying to get some love from Daddy. 

All finished. See the tears and the snot? I have a sweet and sensitive boy. I think more than anything it made him cry that everyone was looking at him and he didn't know what to do. You may think it's not possible but ever since Ray was just a few months old his feelings just get hurt sometimes. He'll cry for apparently no reason, get some love and snuggles from mom or dad and then be on his way. Oh how I love my sweet and sensitive boy :) 

Both the guys together! I love the smile that Ray is giving Joey 

Family all together :) 

Ray enjoying our (partly) free meal at Applebees. He was smiling and giggling at the family sitting next to us and they couldn't get enough of him! Ray makes friends where ever he goes. I wish I was more like that. 

Hello pregnant! This is me at 32 weeks 5 days.  We took this picture before church. Notice my shirt? It was 7 bucks at Walmart, originally a long-sleeve tee. I made it 3/4 length and used the extra fabric to add.... 

...this little embellishment. Fabric yo-yo's are so fun and easy to make, I had no idea! here is the tutorial/blog I used to get me started 

Here is another long-sleeve tee turned 3/4 length with added embellishment. The quality of this picture isn't very good but it's a very cute shirt in real life! I used the blog here to get me started.  I bought two long-sleeve tees, 7 bucks each and a spool of purple thread for a 1.50. So tax included I got a great new shirt for well under 20 bucks :) plus I got to do some crafting, which I love. 


(make sure you check out this girl's blog. she has awesome stuff!)


I got the whole doctor thing settled and figured out. We're going to Rexburg Medical Center and we now have 1 doctor for the entire family. Can I tell you how much I am loving this? Dr. Watson said about 1/2 of what he does is deliver babies, 1/3 is pediatrics and the rest is just regular adult patients. While I was making my next appointment I also scheduled Ray for his well check up and shots... At the same time as me! That equals 1 trip to the doctor but 3 people seen (Ray, me and baby). You may laugh at me because of how amazed I am about the whole Family Practitioner thing but I just can't get enough of it! YAY! 
We also headed over to the hospital where I'll have this baby for a little tour and to get registered. The hospital looks amazing, security is really tight, private rooms all around, operating room right there (c-sections...) NICU included, and everything just looks really nice. It reminded me a lot of the hospital where Ray was born and we loved it there. 


Until next time!!! 

3 comments:

R. Dunlap said...

Shelly- I love your shirts- ingenious and excellently executed!I checked out that blog too, really cool stuff. If I ever get brave enough to try it I'll let you know.

Matt and Kristine said...

Wow! Wow! I just bought a shirt at old Navy with that exact embellishment. And you look adorable for sunday, which is what I consider the hardest day to dress for when pregnant. You look great! I was thinking of your family on Veteran's day. We really do love and appreciate you all.

Meg said...

Oh those pictures of Ray are so precious...poor little guy. Cole just got a horrible cut at Paul Mitchell and I had to fix it, haha. You are looking great! We're missing you here in good ol' Texas!