Here I am. Ready to give an update... (if you don't want to read all this, at least scroll to the bottom and check out cute pics of Ray and his little update)
Last week Ray and I flew from San Antonio to Las Vegas and then Ron (Joey's dad) picked us up and drove us to the Starrs' house in St. George, Utah. That entire day traveling without Joey was quite an experience, the kind I only need to have once. 4 checked bags, 2 carry-ons, 1 stroller carry-on, 1 car seat carry-on, 1 toddler named Ray and 0 husbands there to help. Oh and I was 29 weeks pregnant. hhmmmm St. George has been a ton of fun, I love spending time here. I'm just pretty lonely for Joey!
Joey is still in San Antonio waiting for the movers to come and pack everything up. This fiasco doesn't need to be explained because it only makes me angry to think about. (lost and un-filed paper work and requests, people giving Joey bogus dates, extra charges from our apartment etc. etc. etc.) I'm 95% confident the movers will finally be there tomorrow and Joey will get here late sometime Saturday night (missing the community Halloween Party and Ray in his amazing-ly cute costume grrrr...)
Our plans have changed as far as school. We are NOT going to Provo. We are going to BYU-Idaho in Rexburg. There are lots of reasons why the biggest being that Joey didn't get into Provo and UVU is more than 3times as expensive than Rexburg for out-of-staters like us. Still, I am thrilled to be so much closer to family!!!
I am still pregnant and doing well. Getting bigger and bigger and Ray seems to be getting heavier and heavier! Been crafting a lot lately, but had to take a break since being in St. George. Excited to get back to it when we move to Rexburg. Annoyed about my sciatica bugging me at night and the insomnia kicking in but that's just part of the bargain! Still loving the name Wendy :) Can't believe I only have 10 weeks (or less) left. CRAZY!
Speaking of which, we found an apartment with all our requirements and grabbed the only available unit. Our lease is only till the end of Winter semester because we rented site-unseen. We move in November 8th. It's also far from campus (for Rexburg, still walking distance) but will be fine for the time we're there. We are on the waiting list for spring for the BYU-Idaho married student housing which is really nice and close to campus.
Ray is all grown up. That's all there is too it. He will be 17 months on Saturday and is totally a toddler! Here are a few things about him...
- He says "No" "Yeah" "Thank-you" "Baby" (when he sees my tummy) "Soft" and more I'm sure
- He growls like a lion and barks like a dog
- He runs everywhere
- He has 13 or 14 teeth (!!!!!) I'm not exactly sure, he won't let me in there long enough
- He is Mr. Chatter-Box, but speaks his own language. He uses his hands while he has a "conversation" with you (like I do...) and jabbers on and on.
- He LOVES my in-laws dogs. Especially dropping food from his high chair and seeing them eat it (they love it too!) He also loves all the other Starrs' animals: 2 horses, 1 mini horse, and 2 rabbits.
- He'll talk on the phone to who ever calls, walking around waving his hand (like mama does!)
- He still doesn't have very much hair.
- He looks so grown up in all his new winter clothes I had to buy him. (It's a lot colder here and Idaho than in San Antonio!)
Examples of his amazing cuteness below!!!
3 comments:
Where in rexburg? So so excited for you!! Want my dr's number in IF?
im not going to lie. i felt a little bad for you when i heard you're going to rexburg. Just because its hard there with a kid in the winter! but hopefully you can handle it! where are you guys moving (apartment that is)? but im glad you'll be close to family! and im mad you didnt move there sooner!!!! gr.... haha we couldve had so many play dates! oh well. hopefully one day. and if we come to rexburg for a visit, we'll def. get together!
He is so darn cute! Good luck on the move to Rexburg! We are preparing ourselves for a cold winter too, buying winter clothes and stuff! Happy Halloween and make sure to post pictures of Ray in his costume!
Post a Comment