I can hardly believe Ray is almost 6.5 months old. I'll let you know what he is up to...
Ray is a rolling machine. He rolls everywhere. Also, when placed on his tummy he uses his arms to pull him self around. Usually it's just in a circle, hasn't really made any forward or backward movements but I'm sure he'll get there, eventually. If I set him down in a sitting position he can sit up, supporting himself. But he doesn't like it very much. He wants to be standing up so unless cleverly distracted, he kicks his legs and throws his head back in efforts to be completely vertical. He is always really ticked when he thinks these efforts will bring him to a standing position when it actually just lands him laying on his back on the floor. Ray eats sweet potatoes, rice, oatmeal, bananas, peaches, pears, applesauce, carrots. He spits out green beans and peas (Joey LOVED that) and had a minor allergic reaction to squash (rash) but we're not sure if he's actually allergic. After we get to San Antonio I'll feed him squash again and see if he gets a rash again. Then we'll know for sure :) Ray is down to nursing 1 or 2 times during the night and has formula or expressed milk out of a bottle any other time. He likes to drink it in his high chair/bumbo or sitting face out in Joey/my lap. Ray is so interested in the world around him he started self-weening. I was upset at first but now I'm okay with it. I'm happy he still wakes up to eat at night and that he lets me nurse him then or else we'd never get to snuggle. He takes 2-3 naps a day, anywhere between 45 mins-3 hours. The first two he usually takes in his crib but for the third one Daddy always snatches Ray and they take a nap together. I love it. It's really cute, especially when they wake up :) Pics below. I have a little jealousy, mostly because Ray wont nap with me, but it makes me happy that Joey gets to spend time with Ray :) And I get a lot done while they are sleeping. Ray is a big talker/singer. I love it. He loves his bouncey that my mom and dad gave him, especially the spinning frog. Another favorite thing to do is roll into his diaper bag or my purse and grab the handles for a good slobber/drool/chew. Speaking of drool, IT'S EVERYWHERE! He doesn't have any teeth yet but i can see two of them are about ready to poke out in the front on the bottom. I think it's the cause of the drool. Yesterday we were on a little walk and we saw my neighbor and her dog. Ray leaned over Joey's arms to get a good look and a landed a big puddle of drool on the dogs nose. Joey and I thought that was really funny. Joey said "The tables have turned! The dog is getting drooled on!"
So that's Just an update. I have a few pictures below. Some are right before church and the rest are some i took when Ray was waking up from a nap with Daddy. Enjoy :)
Ray loves touching our faces, especially our mouths!
p.s. moving van comes on Monday and we're driving out to San Antonio next Saturday. Can't believe it's already here! I feel mostly excited but also sad. I hate the weather here but it's beautiful and we've met some really great people.
4 comments:
Michelle, he is so cute! And you look so pretty! I know what you mean about the jealousy thing. Zack ALWAYS wants Todd over me. It's kind of nice most of the time, but there are times when I think "I'm the one that does everything for you! And you don't even care!" But, oh well. I've already told Todd to back off the next kid...
And about the nursing thing. I gave that up about 3 months into it. I just pumped and gave it to him through a bottle. We were both happier with that. Zack was a HORRIBLE nurser, and I was a complete wreck so I just invested in an electric pump. We lasted with that for a year and I'm glad we did it, but it did take a lot of time. Don't feel guilty about stopping the nursing if you have to. Most moms don't even make it a month.:) And Ray looks super healthy so you are doing a fantastic job!
cute!! thats funny, cause now dulany hates laying down and wants to sit up all the time, but that usually means i have to be there behind her. I need to start giving dulany new foods... she'll be 6 months next week. its crazy, its like 6 months is the BIG mark! he is too cute and i hear ya on the drool.. yikes. it is everywhere. and its a pain to change her all the time because she hates wearing bibs.. thats nice he's rolling over, she rolls from her tummy to her back but she will REFUSE to roll from back to tummy. ive given up! haha.
and dont feel bad, dulany doesnt like to nap with either of us. she will ONLY nap in her crib.
Good luck moving!! Tom saw your christmas pictures and he was actaully like "oh those are nice, we should take some like those!" so we might steal your idea!
Alright- San Antonio! If you want help moving in or anything we can come visit...We leave for CA on the 21st if you move in before then. Love you guys, Ray is adorable and I love your hairbows.
I love when babies start to explore faces, it reminds me of how important we are to them. The last photo is my favorite!! He looks like a model for Parenting magazine, so handsome and cute! I have written on my calendar "Joey's Last Day" on the 22nd. I have been thinking of you guys for weeks. I wished we could have talked more at the funeral and I feel bad about not holding him more so you could have a break! Sorry. I love you and good luck with the move!
Post a Comment