Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Okay, so here's the story...

First of all, we have good news! Dr. Lad decided Ray could come home a day early! Our little family came home today all together. He's mostly been sleeping since we got home and we just love him so much.

Labor and Delivery!!
Around 4am on Saturday morning my mucous plug passed. From 4am to 7am I was having severe back pain and couldn't sleep. Finally I fell back asleep around 7am and slept till 10am. When I woke up I thought my water might have been leaking but wasn't sure. I called the nurses station and they said to come on in and they would have a look. It turned out that it was my water so I was admitted around 11:30am. I was dilated to a 3 and the back pain turned out to be contractions! I had no idea. I never had any contractions in the front. The reason I didn't recognize the contractions was because the pain would continue in between contractions as a back ache. I got my epidural and was much much happier. I think I could have made it longer if I had a break between contractions but the pain was continuous. I loved the epidural because the pain was gone but I could still feel the pressure of the contractions. This made it so I knew when to push. By 5:30pm I was dilated to a 9! The Taylor-women labor fast! I started pushing at 6pm and the baby was born at 7:07pm! I had fantastic nurses and Dr. Stoneking is an excellent, wonderful doctor! So the baby came out and Dr. Stoneking hesitantly said, "It's a... Boy." and I said, "No it's not." and he said, "Yes, he is!" After 22 weeks of calling this baby a "she" I delivered a 7lbs 14 oz baby BOY! 20 1/2 inches long. Everyone in the room was shocked! Including Joey and me! No one has seen that happen before! Raymond was born face up, which caused the back labor. So there is the story. I will upload pictures soon :) :)

Our baby was nameless for the first 24 hours or so before we decided Raymond Louis. Raymond is Joey's middle name, his paternal grandfather's name and his uncle's name. Louis is my paternal grandfather's name. We love our baby Ray!!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! That is too funny/not funny! What are you going to do with all the girl stuff? Save it for later? I have to say, boys are TONS of fun! I would have died right there if that happened to me. Well, at least he is healthy and you are healthy. I love the name Ray, too. Congrats!
Oh, and this is Joy Jackson, not my husband Todd.

Christy said...

Hey! No way! Charlotte was born at 7:07 am! They are going to be such good friends, I just know it.

Jess and Tom Roberts said...

thats crazy your contractions were in your back! Man, ill have to keep that in mind! And you did labor fast!! i hope i am like that! i dont know how the women in my fam labor, hopefully well! Glad he got to come home early and all is going well!