
So it may be WAY too early but I started browsing for baby things the other day! I was finding things I LOVED and was mentally checking them in my brain to add to a baby registry in a month or two. Then I thought, heck, why not? So now I am getting all registered, mostly so I can remember what I like so I don't have to go searching for it! Now, to all you moms out there! What are some things that I'll really need but may not think to get? Being a first time mom I feel like a fish out of water!

No, I did not go crazy at the store and buy a ton of baby clothes. But a friend from church growing up who lives in Georgia sent all this to me in the mail! I am so overwhelmed with how cute everything is and how much she sent me! Seriously, so sweet of her! All of the clothes are 0-3 months. Baby Ruthie is set for the first 3 months of her life! I don't see how she could need anything else, as far as clothes go! And a BIG thank-you to Kendra for sending them to me!!! You can't tell in the picture but most of them are the cutest dresses with matching bloomers! Too cute, I think I might cry... :)

And last, for today, I am sharing a new goal that I have! My mom got me this calender, you know, the ones where you tear off each day, and it gave me an idea! I thought at the end of each day when I tear off the page I would take a few moments and jot down some things from the day. I love writing in my journal but I am terrible at doing it! This way I could just write notes, or even full sentences. I didn't start doing it till last night and I thought it was funny the picture for my first day. All the craziness going on around and the couple are holding hands and looking at each other, eyes full of love :) I haven't thought of anyway to save them yet, for now they are just a pile. I'd like to think of some way to turn them into a book at the end of the year. Of course I want to see the front and the back. Anyway, it'll take some brain storming but I think I can do it :)
Until next time!
4 comments:
Will it work if you bound the calendar pages like a spiral notebook? I really like that idea of journaling, and it will be really great to remember baby's many firsts and milestones. As for things you will need...I'm drawing a blank, I guess that just goes to show how much you forget.
How exciting!!! I don't know what you might need. I KNOW you just said you are bad at journaling but I think you should keep a journal for your baby. I started one for each of my girls while I was pregnant. At first there isn't too much to write but it gets easier as the baby gets older and reaches milestones and starts doing and saying funny things. I just write in mine like I'm writing to them!
Some things I thought of aren't total necessities, but it sure made my new mommy life WAY easier: wipes warmer, Bobby pillow, breast pump, baby monitor, lighted baby nail clipper, collapsible bath tub, headrest mounted backseat mirror, and infant mittens to keep her from scratching her face for the first few weeks. I have more ideas if you would like them! Happy shopping, so fun!
You'll want to get a nanny so you can get some sleep;) you'll find that it is your most coveted luxury, and the hardest to come by!!...Have fun shopping! A swing is a really handy gadget to have. I've gotten rid of all of my baby stuff now, but I'm planning on replacing the swing for sure. Lanolin is also essential for happy nursing.
Post a Comment