Yes! I've been waiting almost three weeks to get a letter, call or even a smoke signal from my hubby! Saturday night I was at a pizza place with my mom and dad, Amy, Nate and their family. There was some big game on, USC against someone, Dad and Nate were very interested. Suddenly... MY PHONE RINGS! and it's a number I don't know. So when I answer it... IT'S JOEY!!! YEAH!!!! And today when we got back in town from California there were 2 letters waiting here at home for me :) :) I can't tell you how happy I was to hear from him! Whew!
Okay so now for the update. Joey is doing really well. He said the first week was really hard, especially when he first got there. Basically the T.I.'s try to make you feel less than dirt, so Joey was feeling pretty low. But he says everything is a million times better now! He gets a lot more free time and he's had time to read his scriptures every night, which he says really helps him out. He is an Element leader. So there are 60 trainees in a flight and only 4 Element leaders. So he is in charge of 15 trainees. So if any of his Element mess up or do something wrong, Joey gets into trouble for it! I'm sure that's not too fun but I know they can tell Joey can handle it. There is only one other LDS guy in his flight. He is from England and of course, he knows David Ogle my brother-in-law. Because David knows everyone! This trainee's name is Buckley and he served as a missionary in David and Annie's stake when David was ward mission leader. Joey and Buckley are also the only Elders at church so they bless the sacrament and if anyone needs a blessing they are the ones who do it :) Joey's T.I. (training instructor... i think that's what it stands for?) is huge! Joey says he's looks like an NFL player and he is the toughest but BEST T.I. there. Although Joey says he misses me so much he knows he is doing the right thing and he is loving being apart of our U.S. military. He feels proud to wear the uniform and serve our Country. I am so proud of him and others who are willing to defend the United States of America so that myself and my family are able to enjoy our freedom. Even though it comes easy to me, I will never forget the only reason I can live my life the way I do is because of the lives sacrificed to keep our Country safe. I have always been thankful, but now I feel it so much more. Please write Joey if you have the time, he says he loves getting letters :) I was writing him 2 or 3 times a week and was worried it was too much but he assured me I could write 12 times a day if I wanted to :) And just a reminder, no packages or anything out of the ordinary. Just letters in plain envelops. You can make your letter decorated or colorful or whatever but keep the outside plain. Thank you Thank you to everyone who supports us! We love you all so much :) :)
3 comments:
You were in California!?! I cannot believe we didn't meet up, especially with you possibly not coming for Christmas! I miss you. Oh... second letter for Joey on its way. Hope he likes it! Love you.
So awesome you heard from Joey!
Reading your post made me have flashbacks from when Paul was doing his officer training in Lackland and I almost went crazy not hearing from him for two weeks!
I am so glad Joey is doing well and that he has a leadership position; that's huge and it helps him advance faster!
I am so glad Joey is doing so well. We are not surprised, because he is just wonderful. It is great that they appreciate him, too! Can't wait to see you both soon.
Love,
Amy
Post a Comment